Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


Hope you have a great day and have fun doing something a little extra special to show love to others!
  To celebrate the day so far, we had heart shaped pancakes for breakfast:
I used the recipe for Perfect Pancakes but to make them more "heart healthy," I stirred a handful of Quick oats into the batter! The heart shape was just trial and error (there were quite a few free-form blobs that didn't make the cut for the picture...)


Also, we had some raspberry hot chocolate:
Just mix together warm milk and Hershey's syrup (for the raspberry, I added some raspberry flavoring I had on hand but you could also swirl in some seedless raspberry jam instead) and top with whipped cream and some festive red and pink sprinkles.

Maybe I'll also cut sandwiches with a heart shaped cookie cutter for lunch for my little Valentines and I think making some heart shaped sugar cookies are in the future for today too (for people like me who are behind the eight ball, freeze half of your sugar cookie dough and break it out in a few weeks for some St. Patrick's Day clovers or some sweet spring themed cookies)!  

How are you planning on observing the day? 

Also, a very Happy Birthday to my little sister, Joan!  What a fun day to have a birthday!  Hope your day is great!

Love,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment