Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip



Oh Happy Day!  After a week of searching, I finally found my camera cord so I could upload pictures again.  Phew! I was starting to get worried...

It is late October, which means my love affair with all things pumpkin is in full swing.  Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pancakes...I've even been stirring canned pumpkin into my oatmeal (recipe will most likely come soon!).  This is my latest way to enjoy the fall goodness, in a cream cheese dip.  It has me sneaking back to the fridge for spoonfuls it is so good!  I think it's really yummy with gingersnaps (money-saving tip: natural grocery stores--i.e. Henry's, Sprouts, Sunflower Market etc. seem to have the most reasonably-priced bagged gingersnaps), but it's also pretty great with graham crackers or apple slices.  And, if you have access, I highly recommend it paired with Trader Joe's Cats Cookies.  Oh, my, goodness...


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip
1 8 oz. package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups canned, pureed pumpkin (roughly one of the smaller sized cans of pumpkin)
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or substitute 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon allspice and 1/8 teaspoon cloves)

Directions: In a small bowl, whip cream cheese on low speed with hand held electric mixer until smooth.  Add brown and powdered sugar and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.  Add pumpkin and spices and mix, one last time, until pumpkin and spices are incorporated.  Allow to chill before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment