Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip


If you check things out on this blog with any regularity, you may have notice that there has not been as much frequency in the posting these last couple months.  I am sorry.  I do have a good reason, though.  We are expecting Baby #3 in early August and I had been feeling so yucky there hadn't been a whole lotta cooking round these parts.  It's pretty hard to share recipes when I've been mostly subsisting off of things like envelops of Instant Noodle Soup (and then freaking out about how much MSG I might be putting into my unborn baby) and Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips.  Also, the thought of revisiting anything I had cooked long enough to blog about it made me so nauseous that I couldn't bear the thought.

Anyway, I do believe I have turned the Morning Sickness corner and I am starting to be excited about food again.  I am also starting to indulge in those wonderful Pregnancy Cravings (which really is pretty fun because it's one of the few times in my life my husband is willing to detour just about anywhere to pick me something up--and I actually feel okay about it).  So far, this baby really, really likes Blue Cheese (yes, I'm making sure it's the pasteurized kind), especially on old school-style wedges of iceberg lettuce with bacon bits and diced tomatoes.

One of blue cheese's natural pairings is of course, Buffalo Wings, and once I saw the recipe for this dip, I knew we had to try it out for our Super Bowl viewing (don't worry, ranch dressing lovers, there is a non-blue cheese variation too).  I am sorry I didn't have my act together enough to share this in time for the Big Game, however, even though football season has come and gone, this dip was such a fan favorite, it will surely be sticking around.  Everyone in our house (even my two young boys who thought it was a little bit spicy but not so much that they didn't eat tons of it) is very excited that we still have all the ingredients to make another batch very, very soon.


Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened (I used reduced-fat)
1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing
1/2 cup Franks Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce
2 cans (12.5 oz each) chicken breast chunks, drained (and I pick through for any "icky bits")
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles or shredded mozzarella cheese
thinly sliced green onions for garnish, optional
crackers and or cut vegetables for serving

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Stir together softened cream cheese, ranch dressing and Wing Sauce until smooth.  Stir in chicken and cheese.  Spoon into a baking dish.  Bake 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.  Garnish as desired.  Serve warm with crackers and vegetables.

Note: The recipe can easily be halved, but why would you want to?  I was also thinking if there were leftovers, the dip would make a great filling for a wrap or Buffalo Chicken taquitos.

Recipe Source: Kraft Foods

2 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic! and we are SOOOOOO thankful you are feeling better...:) Hooray for a new Williams baby!! love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for #3 (and Buffalo Wings dip, too).

    ReplyDelete